Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back to Work - *sigh*


Well I didn’t win Lotto last night so it’s back to the ‘Salt Mine’ tomorrow for me - *sigh*. Enjoyed my holidays but it wasn’t long enough. But … I got to catch up with those I had planned to. Still had a few things on my ‘To Do’ list that I didn’t manage to cross off - guess there’s next holidays (and counting - again … lol).

Caught up with Bevlea and Lucy on Monday … appreciate their visit, seeing as they live on the other side of town to me and it’s (almost) ‘pack your rations and bring a flare along’ for the drive over. Enjoyable company, as always - we did lunch ‘out’ and managed to get a few store visits along the way. Took them past the scenic route … past a cemetery - twice! lol

Tuesday I had my car serviced then visited my folks. Then … I got a phone call - more ‘dramas and sagas’ and with no connection to the previous one I had a few weeks back. Maaaan - I must of walked under a ladder, kicked a black cat, smashed a mirror, opened up an umbrella indoors, etc, etc, etc (lol) - surely this has to be the last (hopefully) in a very long while. Life is a challenge … and … yet another hurdle jumped! I survived! And … it had nothing to do with the car service bill … lol.

Wednesday I had lunch with my fav cousin, Ronnie … who used to wheel me in a pram when I just a babe (lol) - yes I was small once! I try and catch up with her every school holidays and do lunch. She’s off over to Europe with her husband for ten weeks (in a few weeks) - so I’ll miss her next school holidays!

And … the sun shone again (no stress) on Thursday. I had lunch with two ex-bosses of mine. The wonderful Heather, who is one of the rare few (male or female) I truly admire - and a woman who inspires and leads by example (and has a great sense of humour too!). She came to our school as an Assistant Principal - came from being a Region ‘head’ (ie: big wig - lol) - but prior to that she was a Principal in a Primary school. Heather has covered all teaching areas in the Education Department. She’s also taught in a Special School … amazing resume - for sure! Trivial as it seems - one example of my ‘admiration’ for her, re: her ‘leading by example’ - she would, every day, go outside and supervise cleaning up the yard with the students and she would actually get her ‘hands dirty’ doing so, along side them - not pointing/directing them!

And Jill … who was our Business Manager up until just recently. Hard job co-ordinating a school of our size - with so many extra areas our school runs/operates within and out of school hours. She left retiring as one the top Business Managers in the Education Department of Victoria.

Been fluffing about making cards today. Mission … Birthday card for my daughter and a few ‘back up’ assorted cards (plural) … just chilling. Perfect day to just hang at home and play/veg - ie: in the warmth. Above is the card I made my daughter for her approaching 24th Birthday on July 31st and a ‘back up’ card, just because (lol)!

1 comment:

Bevlea said...

Ha! its literally a packed lunch, sleeping bag, say farewell to loved ones, fill the car, check the oil, plan the loo stops...LOL
Love Sarah's card... condolences for being at work tomorrow... with all the sympathy I can muster when I dont get as many holidays as you ROFLMAO